no-shows

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 09:56:44 EDT

In a message dated 8/4/99 11:36:35 PM !!!First Boot!!!, nadlane@earthlink.net
writes:

<<  I don't want clients who have no respect for my time!  However, the long
and short of it is that blown appointments are part of the business, cost us
money and introduce stress into our lives.  >>

We have to keep in mind that not all customers think of a piano tuning as the
most important thing in their life. Although it is rude not to be there,
there are times when the customer has more important things on his or her
mind than being home for an appointment.

In one instance the customer called me back two weeks later and apologized
for not being home. It turned out she had a heart attack the night before,
and forgot to call me to cancel the appointment. Imagine that, forgetting to
cancel a piano tuning appointment because you on your way to the hospital
with a heart attack. What will she think of next? :)

Yes, no shows are an inconvenience, but I certainly don't allow them to make
me mad, much less stress me out. Give the customer the benefit of doubt, and
allow her to reschedule, without the extra charge. If you charge her extra,
you might make a few extra bucks off her, but you'll loose her in the long
run, not to mention all of the recommendations she could have given.

Willem Blees