Employees

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Mon, 02 Aug 1999 16:43:23 +0200

Frank Weston wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> So, what to do?  Unless your company is positioned to jump to a personnel
> level that compensates for the inefficiencies of managing full time
> employees by attaining economy of scale, I suggest that you consider a
> partnership, or else just continue to go it alone with part time help.
>
> Frank Weston

Hi there Andrew, I had almost decided to stay out of this one, but as long as
the matter of partnership comes up as a suggestion, let me heartedly aggree with
Frank. Course you gotta get the right person to join, and you have to be willing
to "give away" some of your buisness to this person in order to entice the right
tech. But once thats done having someone to work alongside can be rewarding and
enlightening. I'd like to see more of this kinda thing personally. Techs are all
to often loners out there. I've worked with a partner for the last 5 years and
while sometimes we get on each others nerves, the benefits have far outweighed
any negatives.

Besides.. you dont have to worry about all the official nonsense with reqard to
taxes, insurances.. etc.etc. ad absurdum.

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
Bergen Norway