Shame on you Mr. Foote (Non serious and non technical)

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 18:46:57 EDT

 John writes:

>As a recent purchaser of your CD on 'strange piano tunings', I am
>writing to express my displeasure at the amount of anguish you have
>created in my life.  I prided myself on my vast collection of CD's of
>Classical and Romantic period piano music.  They used to give me great
>joy as I listened endlessly to them at home or in the car.
>
>Now all that has changed.  As a result of being exposed to your CD I no
>longer get any real pleasure from 95% of my other CD's, and I hold you
>personally responsible.  Yes, you did have a 'health warning' on the
>cover of your CD but I think it was totally inadequate.

Greetings,
  ah,  tonality.....ain't it great?   It is always refreshing to hear that
others become sensitized to key color.  This, in itself, is reason to
completely re-record the entire piano literature, which in turn promises a
bonanza of opportunities for the  technician willing to become more
temperament aware.  There is a growing number of techs that are selling these
alternatives, and a growing number of musicians that are elated at the
changes made to the music.  I think the idea is here to stay.
     Many think that the CD sticker warning is just there for humor, but I
will repeat, it refers to a very real change of perspective that non-equal
tunings can cause.
   We hope to do another as soon as we recover from this one, as they are
rather expensive to produce.  I am leaning toward a sampler idea, with some
Mozart, LVB, Schubert, and Chopin.
Thanks for the enthusiasm,
Regards,
Ed