Soundboard bleaching

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 19:21:30 EDT

In a message dated 4/28/1999 6:45:45 PM, Mark wrote:

<<I thought flitches (sp?) were the rounded bits sawn off a logg to make it
square.>>

Mark;
 Flitch is the correct spelling here and it really has three meanings, I
think :-)
1. A long cut from a tree trunk. ( your meaning might fit here)

2. Pieces that when put together form a whole. (Mark Storys' meaning?)

3. My Grandfather called his slabs of bacon in the smokehouse "flitches",
although I am not sure if this was a common practice.
Jim Bryant (FL)