I am soon to be off to Africa

Lawsonic Pianoforte Services lawsonic@global.co.za
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 18:12:29 +0200

Hi ED! So, some info to help you. Exchange rate is currently at around R6
to US$1 I assume you will have travellers cheques, bring credit cards if
you have. It is not advisable to carry large sums of cash - in absolute
worst case senario carry with you no more than you are willing to lose. In
saying that, in my 16 years of living here I have not been robbed of money,
so up to you.

Electricity is 220v so although you have a cordless, you need a 220v power
supply, the bosh corless here costs about R260.

I can help you if you want bass strings made.

If you have a laptop and bring that, again 220v power - usefull if you want
to communicate and can even get you onto e-mail locally (use one of my
e-mail addresses).

If you have a cell phone, bring it but speak to you provider first to hook
up to the local 083 or 082 networks (MTN & Vodacom)

We drive on the left.

How long is you stop over in Joburg? hours or days.- As I may or may not be
able to meet you, when are you due to arrive?

Things to bring:
An old (or new) PTG jounal would be nice to see.

Brian Lawson

----------
> From: ETomlinCF3@AOL.COM
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: I am soon to be off to Africa
> Date: 27 April 1999 10:48
>
> List,
>
> I know that some on the list are praying people.  I will be heading for
> Namibia in a few days and would love to know your prayers are with me.  I
do
> worry a little about my safety.
>
> It is very dry where I will be going.  I know one on this list in from
South