Steinway L

Wed, 28 Apr 1999 05:54:04 -0500

At 12:15 4/28/99 +0200, you wrote:
>   Tom Cole wrote: Patrick Greene wrote:

>> HI List,
>  Never having tuned a grand what should I expect?

 There are a variety of techniques and no
>"right" way to do it. If you
>can achieve a good, stable tuning, that's the main thing.

Peligro!

Be prepared to hear things you may have never heard before.  That's not
necessarily bad...  If you are an aural tuner, the beats for your
temperament and octave checks may jump out at you, and you'll be muttering
to yourself,  "So _that's_ what I'm supposed to hear".   For the same
reason, your unisons may give you unexpected pleasure.

Soooooo...  don't be surprised if the tuning takes longer than usual (the
point of diminishing returns take longer to reach).  You may realise that
you can do better tunings than you ever imagined.

Have fun!

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician 	mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College				(319)-387-1204
Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045

"An artist is the one who kids himself most gracefully."
- Captain Beefheart (Don Van Vliet)