Shame on you Mr. Foote (Non serious and non technical)

Woodrow, John (Parramatta) John.Woodrow@pil.com.au
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 20:49:27 +1000

Mr. Foote (and list),
As a recent purchaser of your CD on 'strange piano tunings', I am
writing to express my displeasure at the amount of anguish you have
created in my life.  I prided myself on my vast collection of CD's of
Classical and Romantic period piano music.  They used to give me great
joy as I listened endlessly to them at home or in the car.

Now all that has changed.  As a result of being exposed to your CD I no
longer get any real pleasure from 95% of my other CD's, and I hold you
personally responsible.  Yes, you did have a 'health warning' on the
cover of your CD but I think it was totally inadequate.  All I do now is
play your CD over and over, and over.  Every now and then I change if
for one of my previous favorites, within 2 minutes I am
bored......bland, bland, bland.  Where's the emotion gone?  Where has
you CD done to my CD player, or has it corrupted the speakers?

If I play your CD one more time I'll go crazy..............Beethoven is
ground into my brain.................why won't the ringing in my head
stop.

As you are responsible for this pox on my life you must fix it.  There
is only one solution...............record more CD's so I can have some
variety and allow me to regain some sanity.

ANON.