rebuild with pinblock plugs

Sgwcf@AOL.COM Sgwcf@AOL.COM
Sat, 24 Apr 1999 00:54:47 EDT

I have been using pinblock plugs when needed for over 15 years. No problems
yet. The tuner can't tell from new block. I use 1/2 inch plugs made of
delignet that I cut myself. I use epoxy to put them in place. The reason I
only do this sometimes is that the procedure takes longer than making a new
block. Usually I reserve the plugs for Chickering 4-part blocks, uprights,
and mortised blocks. I often drill these out in the piano, especially the
blocks that I don't remove! if the pinblock is full of sawdust, delaminating,
or has other prohibitive structural weaknesses, make a new block. I only do
it to save time.
Steve Ganz RPT