1926 Challen vertical

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 19:04:52 -0700 (MST)

Hi William:

The name Challen is a well respected name in our business. They have the
honor of having made the largest Concert Grand (12') in the world. They
also made a very unusual large Console piano back in the 50's with a
separate action for the Bass which was mounted at quite an angle.

I was intrigued with their design ideas way back then.
I believe this was the company which licensed the building of the Hardman
Minipiano in the US.

Jim Coleman, Sr.