Need tech/shipping advice

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 20:18:20 EDT

In a message dated 4/22/99 1:52:57 PM !!!First Boot!!!, lafargue@iamerica.net
writes:

<< Wim,
 Why?  I understand why to secure the capstan to hold the action, but what
 happens or may happen to hammers moving on their sides, keys moving, etc?
 Does anyone know for sure? Maybe it's like being told to not drink milk
 with fish.......or toss salt over your shoulder if you spill it, etc.  >>

Maybe it is, but when I get a piano from the factory, the hammers are tied
down. The keys are not. A couple of months ago, however, I did unpack a
Steinway that came from Mexico City, and they had put a slat under the keys.
At first I thought they had done a very bad job of regulating the action, but
then I saw the slat.

Wim