Rebuilding a Kimball grand...

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 17:26:45 -0500 (CDT)

>We currently have in our shop a "Noname" 175 cm (approx. 5' 9") grand that
>will easily hold its own alongside any Model M or Model L Steinway.  And this
>instrument was not built nearly as well as most of the Kimball's I have
>encountered.
>
>Regards,
>
>Del

Hi Del, a question, if you will.
When you remanufacture a "Noname" for resale, do you anonymize it? Since it
ends up being so considerably different than when it was originally built, I
just wondered if the original name limits the sales potential in spite of
the improved performance. Consider, for instance, if you would have left the
name on that Brambach, had it proved to be workable.

Just curious,
 Ron