chocolates

Antares antares@EURONET.NL
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 23:11:17 +0200

>Excellent and salivating story Andre. Only you forgot to mention the
>chocolate hail.

You are so right, dammit! HAGELSLAG!!!!

But then.... I suppose Americans do not know hagelslag, and if you 'd
mention a word like chocolate hail they would consider you a biblical nut
maybe?

 I have been living in the US now for nearly twenty years,
>the last six years in Alaska, but I grew up in Amsterdam  next to the
>Heineken Brewery

So did you live on the Stadhouderskade then? or was it the Jacob van Campen
straat maybe?

I actually come from the same area.
I started my pinky and sunny llittle life on the 5th floor, the attic of a
building at the Oosteinde.
Do you know the Oosteinde?
After a couple of years, we moved to the Karel du Jardinstraat 5-2 because
they started the demolition of the Oosteinde and Frederiksplein, all because
of that ugly building belonging to the Nederlandse bank (right in the middle
of Frederiksplein)
Than, later on, I moved again to the corner of Stadhouderskade (number 145
hs) and Hemonystraat, close to your former address.

 and steadfastly started my days with sprinkles of chocolate
>on my sandwiches before going off to school, and later, work. Here in the US
>I still  start my days with chocolate sandwiches. In fact, years ago
>returning from a trip to Holland, the  US customs, nasty as usual , had me
>open up my suitcase expecting to find  lots of illegal Dutch  contraband,
>and instead found nothing but chocolate hail, chocolate flakes, chocolate
>bars,  syrup waffles and lots of loads of licorice. They classified me as a
>regular flake and let me pass.
>I will visit Madame de Pompadour this summer I'm sure.

In that case I will provide you with the other chocolatemakers addresses
too, but I will have to make sure exactly what their addresses are. I think
one is in the Staalstraat, it is a place next to a coffeeshop where they
have excellent lunches and cakes, the other is situated on the Singel, you
will find it coming from the Raadhuisstraat going  >> towards << the Central
Station on the left side of the Singel. They have that very dark, soft and
bitter stuff, yummmmmmmmmy

 Greetings.
>Pablo Diablo

Well... you and I have a sweet tooth, I suppose they call it that?

How about a real nice piece of Jong belegen kaas though? or jonge komijne
kaas? or a piece of very old cheese?

mmmmmmmmmmmahh!

André