pianotech-digest V1997 #1649

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 11:33:28 -0500 (CDT)

>>Does anybody else on the list refer to 5' instruments (give or take a few
>>inches) as "fetal grands"? With all that that nomenclature implies in these
>>times!!
>Yes, I have been referring to  sizes below 4' 7" as Fetus Grands. However it
>does not go over well with pregnant Bible Baptists, so I try to watch my
>tongue. (For that,  you can use that handy little extendable action mirror)
>Pablo Diablo
>
>"Fecal" grand is more like it.
>Sorry, couldn't resist.
>
>Mark Wisner
>Yamaha

   Careful, Mark. :-)  Kawai is making one that's 4' 9". That's getting
awfully close. You think Yamaha might someday, too? To compete? I sure
hope not.

Avery

Avery Todd, RPT                            Beauty is in the eye
Moores School of Music                     of the beer holder.
University of Houston
Houston, TX 77204-4893
713-743-3226
http://www.music.uh.edu/