'Prepping' pianos . . .was Re: Wanna play?

Carl Root rootfamily@erols.com
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 22:20:27 -0500

I put together a tech session for our chapter several years ago.  The
focus was on noises only . . . . things that everyone in the room could
easily hear.  It worked fairly well, so I talked my way into doing a
similar class at the Portland convention.

Bad idea.

Noises, and other symptoms too I suppose, can be highly regionally
sensitive.  Many of the clicks and buzzes that I put into the piano in
the midatlantic heating season could not be duplicated in Portland in
July.  Be careful when you take your show on the road.

Carl Root, RPT
Rockville, MD

'But he doesn't know the territory.'
The Music Man