vintage Knabe?

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 21:30:05 EDT

<<Knabe console manufactured in 1942 with a # of 134020.>>

Pamela;
 I tend to agree with Jons assesment of about five times too high.
Here in Jax if the piano/case were in pristine condition it would fetch no
more than 3,000, if that much.
 Also if your number is correct the thingee was made in 1946, not 1942, not
that it makes any difference as to current value. Aeolian American acquired
Knabe prior to the war (I think that is correct) and the Knabe you are
dealing with is not the same quality as they were in the late 20-early
thirtys. Still this one was a pretty decent instrument, all things considered.

 Tell your customer to offer selling the Knabe to the company that gave her
the 15,000 appraisal at half the appraisal amount...bet they won't do it :-),
but if they do your customer has done well.
Jim Bryant (FL)