clips

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@primenet.com
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 19:39:54 -0600

Hi All,
Thanks Gina And Newton.
List, the first clips were just two clothes pins cut down and two 26 gauge
piano wire feet were
glued on the ends to hold the travel bar under the hammer shanks. The
design was good on the first batch that were made however they were hard to
install in position to hold the bar.
The last batch of clothe pins all showed a serious weakness in design, they
all tended to want  to do the twist and jump the tracks. So back to the
drawing board and two days later Eureka,
The new clip holds two hammers side by side (the only hammers that need to
be traveled  with a straight edge) and are very easy to install to hold the
travel bar.
The travel bar is also a spacer for use in shaping hammers shoeshine style
on upright short tailed hammers and fits in a slot in the voicing tray.
The voicing tray was designed for both upright and grand voicing and hammer
work.
The first tray was made of two steel plates bent and then welded together.
The new design is one piece aluminum. Cool tool! If I say so myself. <G>
We hope to have a web page up soon. And this May issue of the journal will
have more information about the voicing tray tool.
Joe Goss
Always on the level and not well traveled.