Kimball La Petite

Bdshull@AOL.COM Bdshull@AOL.COM
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 13:25:13 EDT

<< However, we as techs must
 be able to appraise these things so I wish each of you would just  post a
 price for Jim and Me.  I want to have a better idea next time I'm faced with
 appraising one. >>

Mike, I am one of those who didn't directly answer the post - mea culpa.
However, last I checked there was a limited usefulness to this list as a
venue for appraisal (I'm sure you know this, but it should be repeated
regularly for those who might not).  Unless the piano is marketable
nationally (a big-ticket item), us techs must somehow be plugged into our
local markets - any numbers we might put on this list are conditioned on our
own regional/local market areas.  I am in the Inland Empire in southern
California - the market is a little different from Orange County or LA
County;  the entire region may be similar to other large metropolitan
centers, but not necessarily;  and smaller communities have their own markets.

The internet as a marketplace may have had some effect on the uniformity of
prices beyond the regional population centers.  I would be curious what
extent this might be the case, and how we might know, if it is....Some of you
who do more buying and selling than the rest of us may have some insights
here?

Bill Shull
University of Redlands, Loma Linda University
Loma Linda, CA