Kimball La Petite

kam544@earthlink.net kam544@earthlink.net
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 18:16:48 -0600

>... Worthless posts that don't answer any questions or
>provide any information...

>...The use of silly acronyms and other flippant remarks doesn't help anyone,
>technician or owner with any problems or decisions...

>Bill Bremmer RPT
>Madison, Wisconsin

Bill,

I couldn't agree more with the above comments of yours, but doubt your
laudable efforts to dissuade some from making them, and doubt your attempts
to educate will deter, or have little effect for those who choose to post
such things.  And I would eagerly join you in your efforts, if I could ever
believe you have a chance at succeeding in accomplishing what you wish
would be.

Unfortunately, I can not join you in your objective, because you are no
less or more than those you charge with such shortcomings.

Case in point (from your very same post as the comments above):

   &
   &
   &
>...Let's keep those kind of remarks on the list that was created for them
>by the
>people who don't have anything more to say or do than make them...

1) Do you not see the possibility one or more of these remarks might be
interpreted as flippant?
2) Do you not see the possibility that one of more of these remarks might
be considered as a waste of energy from the same individual?
3) Do you not see the possibility that one or more of these remarks might
reflect an unprofessional attitude and behavior to someone else?
4)Do you not see the possibility that one or more of your remarks should be
on the list that you say was created for them?

Personally, I acknowledge your performance in piano technicianship without
question.  Only maybe if you would apply that same level of performance to
some of the erroneous reasoning you utilize, when it comes to pointing out
the obvious in others, to yourself as well, you might have a
unquestionable, constructive impact on those you wish to impart such
matters.

Please know, that I, myself, am not claiming any less guilt or innocence,
either in the past, present, or future, concerning these things of which I
have just presented.  I am just taking a moment to share with you, because
today, I could not pass by on any side of the road.

Keith McGavern
kam544@earthlink.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731