even tone?

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 15:10:38 +0000

Allen,
     You're right,   so please forgive me for judging the capabilities of my
own generation.  Actually, I think humans have more capabilities now than at
any time past because of the tremendous technology , knowledge, time, and
freedom available to them.  In addition you rightly say that I have not heard
all modern music and therefore have no basis to make an all inclusive
subjectivly broad statement.  Please accept my apologies for that.    My real
general curiosity is if the use of unequal temperament is in fact an asset to
composition which encourages creativity that modern composers are being denied
because of lack of sufficient exposure to it.  The idea being that it gives a
new demension to music which therefore results in more to work with.
Just  a thought.
-Mike