Kimball La Petite

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 07:14:14 +0000

List and Jim,
      Since only ONE of about a dozen posts actually made any attempt to
answer Jims' question, I'll have to have a go at it.
      The last La Patite that sold around here was bought new for a music
teacher as a birthday present by her husband who knew nothing about pianos.
She suffered with it for a couple of years until she found an 1880s Steinway B
with many problems (i.e needing rebuilding) for 15k from a music store.   They
gave her 3K for the La Patite on trade as I recall.   I don't know what the
store sold it for.   IMHO, a La Patite with a nice finish just serviced (that
same week) should be advertised as:

"Decorative Baby Grand Piano,  Kimball La Patite, Nice styling,  Good Finish,
All notes working, recently tuned.  $2,400. or best."

Take 2K and don't answer the phone for a year.

   Friends, I find this model hard, (if not impossible), to appraise as all
the ghastly things written in your posts are true.  However, we as techs must
be able to appraise these things so I wish each of you would just  post a
price for Jim and Me.  I want to have a better idea next time I'm faced with
appraising one.

-Mike Jorgensen RPT
Y'all chicken maby?