Position at Southern Illinois University

Ron Berry ronberry@iquest.net
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 17:17:53 -0500

This information came to me.  I thought the list might be
interested.

Ron

SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY, EDWARDSVILLE

MUSICAL INSTRUMENT TECHNICIAN III – MUSIC
DEPARTMENT

If you are interested in applying for these positions, call
the testing
section of University Personnel Services to arrange an
appointment to take
the appropriate examination.

Minimum qualifications:
1. Six years of work experience in the maintenance and
repair of musical
instruments.   Successful completion of formal training in
the repair and
maintenance of musical instruments may be substituted
for up to one year
of the above work experience.
 Working knowledge of a variety of musical instruments and related
equipment.
2. Skill in the operation and maintenance of hand and machine shop
tools.
3. Mechanical skills
4. Manual skills
5. Pitch discrimination
6. Supervisory ability
7. Ability to deal with the public, faculty, staff and students

Minimum salary - $2164 per month 	Application Deadline: April 23, 1999

(NOTE: APPLICATION DEADLINE IS THE LAST DAY TO MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENT)

YOU MUST BRING TRANSCRIPT AT TIME OF APPLICATION.

Vacancies in posted classifications which occur within ninety days will
not be posted

Applicants who qualify for veterans preference must bring a copy of
DD214 at the time of examination.

As an affirmative employer, SIUE offers equal opportunity without regard
to race, color, creed, or religion, age, sex, national origin or
disability. ILLINOIS RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED

Ron Berry, RPT, Indianapolis, IN
ronberry@iquest.net
Check out the Piano Page at:
http://www.ptg.org/