Pleyel

Peter Kestens Kestens.P@Debcom.be
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 21:55:50 +0200

KESTENS.P@DEBCOM.BE
BELGIUM

List,

I received a Pleyel  (1906) in a quite good condition although there is one
thing what seems very strange to me: the whippen heel is not (!) in the
center of the capstanscrew and between the capstan and the heel there is a
far to great peace of felt which serves (I think) only to help to solve the
problem of the capstan beiing out of center with the heel.  For the rest the
mechanic is about the same as with Erard pianos (for those who know it).
I have the feeling the piano is rather heavy to play (I'm not very shure
because it's totally out of regulation).
My question is: although I'm convinced this is not original of Pleyel, so
what should have been the original construction and why is this done, i.e;
placing really out of  center?
Thanbks for the reply.
Peter