Kimball La Petite

Thu, 15 Apr 1999 14:08:58 -0500

><< get an idea of what the value of a fairly clean La
> Petite grand. Have access to a blue book,

>You should pay anyone who wants this POS for taking it. (Now, Bob, that's
not
>nice)
>I really don't have anything constructive to add. Sorry

Now, Bob,

Yes, Let's be nice.   The La Petite was a price driven instrument. ANY
piano with that small a scale is going to have major differences of opinion
from one section to the next (hell, within a section).

The absolute worst thing about it was action, however.  The furniture
designers didn't like the proportions of the case with a full sized
normally configured action. (Too deep)  So... to make the furniture _look_
right they forced the use of that low profile alleged action and made that
wonderful music rack.

I think that this is one of those instruments which is worth whatever you
can get for it. Kimball did/does make nice furniture.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician 	mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College				(319)-387-1204
Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045

"I'm glad you enjoyed the tuning. Now I hope you enjoy the playing more."
- Ravi Shankar