O.K. how about another one!?!

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 22:55:44 -0500 (CDT)

================
======================
>    My questions to you good people out there are: Have any of you found
>a common problem with the Yamaha grand that would fit this picture?
>                        Greg Newell

Hi Greg,
Yep, this is a familiar one. Yamaha grand, customer's complaints about
sluggish action. Choosing a center that seemed a little "slow", I side
stressed it a little and moved it up and down a bit. It seized up like it
was CA'd together! Trying the loosest one I could find, it did the same
thing!!! Alcohols and hair drier application, followed by ProTek
wonderfulled everything right up. That was four or five years ago, and it's
still OK. I've run into this a couple of times since, and the shrink/ProTek
seems to appease it. I haven't dissected one to try to find out what causes
it in the first place, like I could really tell anyway, because this has
always alleviated the symptoms so I haven't worried about it. Never had a
reoccurrence either (it ain't verdigris). If the customer insists on new
parts, accommodate him, but you might offer this much cheaper alternative first.

 Ron