Titles, terminology, and such

Lawsonic Pianoforte Services lawsonic@global.co.za
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 21:22:38 +0200

Brian(America), Of note, the "Master Piano Tuners of America"  appear to
have no internet presence, except for a mention  on the PTG site.
(Used http://google.com)

Brian(Africa)

----------
Hi List,

I have a question I sincerely hope doesn't step on too many toes, for
that's not my intent.

What can you tell me about how other organizations compare with the PTG?
What brings this to mind is some tossing about of the terms MPT, which I
believe stands for Master Piano Technician, and IAPBT, which I do not know
if they have titles or designations as such.

For that matter, is there another level in the guild which goes beyond RPT?

I'm not really looking to start a battle, but if anyone feels they have a
good handle on reality, I'd be interested in how this all fits together, or
if any of it does for that matter.    :-)

Best to all,

Brian Trout
Quarryville, Pa.