56 Steinway console

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 18:51:55 -0400

A new Steinway 1098 in plain black is $14,400.  A walnut K-52 is
$22,100.

They have not made that piano for years but is certainly worth more
than a Mason & Risch.  I would say from $4,000 to $7,500 depending
upon market, quality of the piano and how much someone is willing to
pay for the name on the fall board.  It depends upon how much someone
is willing to pay.

I personally think they were and are atrocious pianos with little
potential as musical instruments.  Also a royal pain to service.
Check the pin block carefully where they come closest to the top of
the block.  I have seen two develope cracks in that area.

Other than that they are a 'good' piano.

		Newton