low quality, and high quality

Antares antares@EURONET.NL
Thu, 08 Apr 1999 19:01:19 +0200

In the past, I have worked for many years on countless low prized, and very
badly made instruments. Most of these came from factories in former
communist countries, one (an unfortunate experiment with plastics) from the
country I live in, and some others from the US.
I had no choice, I needed money to eat.
Those long years were quite an education and the experience has tought me,
amongst others, that working with high quality, and thus much better
instruments, makes life pleasant and improves the knowledge of tone and
touch.
Because of my long standing experience with "trash pianos", and because of
the stress and frustration caused by these, I have also learned to first ask
a calling customer what kind of
instrument we are talking about before going out and doing the piano work,
what ever it is.
To those who now might think that I am maybe picky and arrogant, I say : I
love to
work with really well made, beautiful instruments of high class, and I have
absolutely made it my goal to keep it that way.

Antares

PS.
This is my personal opinion addressed to this open forum called "pianotech
list". To other opinions I look forward, they are almost always positive and
welcome.
Nasty, personal and "narrow minded" criticism or abusive commentary, I will
consider an insult to quality, and it will find a quick way into the trash
can, so that those deleted electrons can be used for a hopefully more
positive
purpose.