Spinet Advice

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 17:26:38 -0400

Dear Bill,
My reply would be that I would be happy to go on a service call (charge:
$50 minimum , up to $75 ) to evaluate the piano, after which we could
discuss my estimate of the value of the piano; a cost estimate of repairs,
regulation, and voicing, etc. We'd discuss her family's "musical needs",
furniture considerations. I'd suggest she contemplate a "benchmark" for
quality and price, such as a new Yamaha U1 under $6K. Etc.

At the time of the intial call I might talk a long time with her on the
phone, telling her to read Larry Fine's book, etc., but without looking at
the particular piano,and knowing more about her own situation, it's
impossible to give her a "good answer".
Patrick