Spinet Advice

Pianotoone@AOL.COM Pianotoone@AOL.COM
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 15:05:55 EDT

Bill --

Although it sounds self serving I would tell her to have the piano evaluated
by yourself or another technician.  All of us on the list  can tell you
horror stories about pianos that have been purchased that were untunable.
She certainly cannot afford to spoend much money on a spinet even if it is a
Baldwin.  If she will not let you evaluate it, and pay you a fee for doing
so, I wouldn't get mixed up in it.  You certainly cannot put a price on
something you have never seen.

In addition the above I sometimes say to my customers (with a smile in my
voice)

" I have an old Chevy car.  How much is it worth?"  That helps them to see
the point.

Good Luck

Dick Day
Marshall MI