upright economics

Antares antares@EURONET.NL
Tue, 06 Apr 1999 19:31:31 +0200

>Antares writes:
>  ".....For that reason, I have decided a long time ago, to forget
>about the "ordinary" instrument, and to invest instead in premium brands
>like the ones we all know...."
>
>       Would anyone care to list the premium brands that "we
>all know"? Some of us suspect what the premium brands are but don't
>know.
>
>Chris Peacock

Well Chris,
In my opinion a premium brand (at least in Holland) is :

1 any old Steinway
2 any old Bechstein (before WW 2)
3 any old Bösendorfer
4 any old Erard

These first 4 are considered "gold premium", and will always make money.

followed by :

1 any old Blüthner
2 any old Ibach
3 any old Grotrian Steinweg
4 any old Schiedmayer
5 any old Berdux (very special)
6 any old Perzina
7 any old Seiler
8 any old Feurich
9 any old Carl Ecke
10 any old Förster >>Löbau <<
11 any old Pleyel
12 any old Gaveau
13 any old Broadwood
14 any old Brinsmead
15 any old Mason & Hamlin
16 any old Chickering

And probably many more, but this list of secondary brands consists of famous
old names which, despite their fame, nevertheless sell for less,
unfortunately.

Antares