jazz tuning

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Mon, 05 Apr 1999 18:07:12 -0500 (CDT)

Mark,

   Not just a theory, actually. The Count Basie Orchestra recently played
here in our Opera Hall and the pianist was just ecstatic over getting to
play on a piano in such good condition. And it isn't just me, by any means.
He told the opera house manager that it was unbelievable the condition of
most of the pianos he had to play on. And THAT'S a pianist with a big name
group! Just think what the others have to play on.

Avery