Setting the damper stop rail in a grand

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Mon, 05 Apr 1999 17:04:21 -0500 (CDT)

Bill/Wim/List,

   Bingo, Wim. You get the brass ring. Sorry I'm so late responding.
I haven't been online since about Friday.
   The only thing I would add is that the key dip needs to already be
set correctly and sometimes, on some pianos, you need to put some kind
of limiter (is that a word?) on the sustain pedal travel. A very firm
stop felt, bolt, capstan, whatever, underneath the keybed.
   Double check everything once it's all done. To make sure the dampers
are not pressing into the upstop felt.

Avery