Hide Glue

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Mon, 05 Apr 1999 10:38:22 -0400

Baby food  jars are great for hide glue.  I drill a 1/4" hole in the
center of a jar lid, use an upright shank with minor flats on two
sides that sits in the glue.  When the shank is withdrawn the lid
squeegees off excess glue.  The small hole prevents evaporation so
viscosity remains constant for extended periods.  When I am done I
change the holie lid for an unholie one _while the glue is hot_ and I
don't get green gardens in my glue, even after months of storage.
Nuck it for 10 seconds and you have hot glue to use.

The problem is finding someone with a fresh baby for renewing supplies
of jars and lids.

		Newton