Wooden sticker "buttons"

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Sun, 04 Apr 1999 19:42:17 -0400

Okay Newton, here's the problem. Sooner or later, one runs out of the brown
"lick & stick" tape, even though they originally bought a lifetime supply
(one roll). So, either I was short-rolled or have lived too long -- don't
know which.

The only replacement I've been able to find is where someone has already
licked it for me. My pursuits have included Wally World, paint store, and
office supply. The "help" that is old enough to remember "me-lick,
me-stick" wonders why I don't want the modern stuff. I'm running out of
places, so...

- will the pre-licked stuff work?
- is there a 'Common Brown Lick & Stick Packaging Tape store' that I
perhaps don't have in my town? (It wouldn't surprise me at all)!

I'd particularly like to explore some of the "nefarious activity"
characteristics of this tape, since I obviously neglected to try this with
the original roll.

At 09:47 AM 4/1/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Get some 'lick & stick' common brown packaging tape.  Cut 1/16"
>strips.  Glue said strips into loose holes and use a small drill bit
>to or nail to hold strip to the sides of the hole.  Trim and screw
>back on.  This paper products is tough and will take such treatment.
>
>Simple, cheap and fast.
>
>Tape can be used for traveling, packaging, shims and other nefarious
>activities.
>
>		Newton

Jim Harvey, RPT
Greenwood, SC