Setting the damper stop rail in a grand

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Sat, 3 Apr 1999 11:51:26 EST

In a message dated 4/2/99 11:24:12 AM Central Standard Time, atodd@UH.EDU
writes:

<< Bill,

    I'd never thought of clothespins there. However, I DO use them, cut
 off above the little slot for the closeline, to hold sample damper heads
 up while I'm setting the upstop rail.

 Avery >>

This sounds like a good one for the Tools & Tips column, Avery.  I'll set it
up as a question:

Q.  I always set my damper stop rail in a grand by trial and error.  Does
anyone have any jigs or techniques for doing this in a foolproof way?

(Please, Avery tell us exactly how you do this, I am interested to know).

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin