advice for the beginner

Chris Peacock CJPEACOCK@webtv.net
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 22:25:23 -0500 (EST)

I am an amateur tuner with the desire to improve my skills, pass the RPT
exam and work as a full time technician. I'll soon join the local ptg
chapter as an associate.  So far, I've found 2 correspondence courses
and 1 self study course for piano tech, any of which I'm sure will help
prepare me for the exam.

I've been enjoying this list for a week now and would appreciate any
advice and recommendations you all can give concerning training, the
work itself, and getting started in the business.  Please feel free to
e-mail me directly.

Many thanks,
Chris Peacock