Jazz tuning style?

David Renaud studiorenaud@qc.aibn.com
Fri, 02 Apr 1999 14:19:35 -0800

I have been told that classical musicians, orchestral, choral,
violinists, like slower thirds, purer octaves. I've also been
told that Jazz musicians like more stretch, and slightly faster third.
So....
I have reason to believe there is some basis to this,
but it depends very much on who you happen to be talking to,
it is all very subjective.

I also suspect this was that tuners way of expressing himself,
to determine  how much stretch might be preferred.

Just my interpretation of what you describe........

                                                   Dave Renaud
                                                    RPT