Jazz tuning style?

Fri, 2 Apr 1999 09:53:54 -0500

Yesterday I tuned for a new client who just moved here (ohio) from the
Boston area.  Just before I began to tune he asked me to give him the
"jazz tuning", and NOT the "classical or pop" tuning.  It seems his tech
in Boston offered him a choice from three tunings - jazz, classical, and
pop.  In 21 years of tuning full time I have never been asked to do a
"jazz" tuning, even though I tune for quite a few jazz players.  So I
tuned the piano as I always do and he was very pleased, but I thought I'd
throw it out to the list to see if any light can be shed on this.
Anybody have any thoughts on what exactly he may be referring to?  It WAS
April 1, but he insisted he was not pulling my leg....

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com