Free Piano

Dan Eumurian cen09460@centuryinter.net
Thu, 01 Apr 1999 08:57:09 -0600

Ken wrote:

>So I told him the best tuning for this piano is based on the FAC
>reading of 666, at which time his face got red and he said 'Get this >piano out of here, I won't play hymns on it ever again, you can have >it. We'll move in the spinet from the choir room until we can find a >replacement'. And I got myself a free piano, thanks Dr. Sanderson.

You know, I was tuning our church piano the other day, with Holy Week
coming and all, and I got the same readings. I happened to mention it to
our church pianist, a sweet lady with a lot of faith and spirit. She sat
down and started to play some old-time, Jesus-praisin', roof-raisin'
gospel. When she got done, just on a hunch, I took another set of
readings. You guessed it: F 7.0, A 7.0, C 7.0.

Goes to show, if you put a good tuner in a room full of bad pianos, you
know what's gonna happen and what's not.

Whose fool are you?

Dan Eumurian, RPT
1634 Barlow St.
La Crosse (where some beautiful rain is coming to balance out the
beautiful sun), WI 54601
(608) 788-8637
hope4you@centuryinter.net