Wooden sticker "buttons"

btrout@desupernet.net btrout@desupernet.net
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 23:12:20 -0500

Hi Clyde,

I don't know if it will be any help or not, but if the old ones are still
intact, perhaps a CA treatment of sorts?  I would imagine if you just put a
drop on the thing with the wire still in the hole, you'd probably just glue
them together more or less permanently.  What I was thinking, maybe if you
took them off of the wires and ran a drop of the CA glue down into the hole,
used a little squirt of the accelerator, and let it harden, (wouldn't take
long) then put it back on the wire, perhaps the CA would have coated the
threads enough to give it a grip?  I guess what I'm thinking is that it
wouldn't take much CA to make the desired difference.  On second thought,
maybe I'm wrong about the CA gluing things together permanently?  Would a
drop of protec ahead of the CA do anything to keep the thing from becoming a
solid 'never to be moved again' mass?  Another thought just came to mind.
If you would try the CA, you wouldn't want to get it into the felt punching
on the bottom.  Hard felt would probably be noisy.  Or perhaps, if you
wanted to find new ones, maybe someone knows where to find them for sale.  I
haven't seen them from Schaff or Apsco, but who knows? .......I'm
rambling....

Right now, I can't think of another answer that would be easy to do.
I don't know if it's any help, but I wish you good luck in your quest.
There'll likely be a number of suggestions!  This is a pretty bright group!

Brian Trout
Quarryville, Pa.