Trichords tuning

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 16:28:53 -0500

"Interesting that your piano showed a *rise* in pitch. The ones I have
checked (small pso's) showed a drop in pitch with all three strings
sounding."

I think this is because you can tune on string, say to an SAT, tune the
unison and it is out.  I have yet to come to an understanding of this, I
just know it is so.  Weird!

 If you tune the string that wants to be the lowest then the others that
want to be sharp you should have a unison that is sharp instead of flat.

                    Newton