worldclass junk

Peter Kestens Kestens.P@Debcom.be
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 22:46:18 +0100

KESTENS.P@DEBCOM.BE
BELGIUM

A customer asked me to look for a piano today; said it was a russian one.  I
think you know enough?

Piano is about 4 (!) years old; one damperspring has broken, 1 hammer butt
spring loop has disappeared (one as far as I could see) hammer alignement
was very poor; and last but not least, some of the capstans were about in no
one's land (spelling?).
Within 4 years never been tuned (instrument is about 1/2 tone to low),
because the owner did not hear the difference between in or out of tune; so
why tuning it?
Hammers seem ok but couldn't test it because to much out of tune
Strings seem also ok
Fallboard attached with 2 screws, but they didn't hold very well
Soundboard attached with glue (white glue?) and little screws (!) to keep in
place.
Keybed made of MDF.
Balance rail cap made of three different pieces of beech.

Brand: russian writing so unreadable
Price asked: about 1200 $.

Bad day!

Greetings,