Tuning Rates are subjective on this list.

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 10:05:40 -0800

Jay,
You make an excellent point here.  The cost of living here in the Seattle
area is extremely high.  The average home is running more than $200K and In
my particular area they run much higher than that.  Groceries, gasoline,....
EVERYTHING, is more expensive.  It only follows that piano tunings are
priced to fit into this economy.
Discussions on prices are helpful if they are kept in the context of local
economy and they are mentioned along with the time involved in doing the
job.  Rather than being surprised at varying prices, I am often surprised at
the varying times different people consider acceptable to do the assorted
tasks required of us.
When I am faced with a job that I don't do regularly, or that I haven't ever
done, I refer to both Newton Hunt's guide (available through PTG) and one
that Joe Garrett did a few years ago (may be available through Randy Potter,
but not sure.)

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
mailto:jgrassi@silverlink.net
Bainbridge Island, WA