Tuning Rates are subjective on this list.

Jay Mercier jaymercier@hotmail.com
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 19:38:19 PST

Since this is not only a national but international usernet list, I'd
say that all fees mentioned on this list are subjective.  The comment
below - what part of the country is this applied?  - New York City?
L.A.?  Maybe even a "smaller" city such as Cedar Rapids, IA.  I'm seeing
a lot of the $75 dollar range on up here guys.  If I charged that rate
where I live, I'd be out of business within 1 month!!!  I charge $50
dollars for a tuning and $10 per pitch raise.  The average house in my
town costs between $40,000 - $75,000 dollars, most people drive 5-10
year-old automobiles and your average "going out to dinner" costs around
$20 bucks for a family of four.  $50 dollars for a tuning around here is
much more than "ends meat."  Just my 2 cents worth.

Jay Mercier
Piano Tech / Teacher
Glenwood, MN