Pitch Anticipation

PDtek@AOL.COM PDtek@AOL.COM
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 22:34:40 EST

> Even now with the school I service I will tune them (hang on to your hats)
>  as much as six beats sharp (September).

I'm afraid I can't go along with this one. When you tune it that sharp, it's
out of tune. Standard pitch instruments played with the piano are going to
sound bad. When it fianally drops to A=440, it will have fallen unevenly, so
it's still out of tune. So essentially, you have regularly serviced pianos
which are NEVER in tune.

If the biggest problem is a school that refuses to budget for pitch raises,
RCTs pitch raise program is accurate enough that you could do one pass on a
piano that was 20 cents flat and end up with a servicable tuning for most
school purposes.

Dave Bunch