PTG standards for pitch raises.

Elian Degen degen@telcel.net.ve
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 13:10:18 -0400

Michael:

You wrote

>Hello,
>     I don't charge for pitch raises because they are a regular event on
>90% of tunings.  In Michigan, I do almost as many pitch lowerings as
>raisings.  When confronted with the very flat piano, I typically say the
>following:

In Caracas, also most tunings come with a pitch rise, but I disagree in this
matter with you and IŽll tellyou why.

Eugenia is right, Whatever it takes we are doing an extra job, I charge 30%
more, but I also call back every six months. That serves as an incentive for
the customer, because he realizes that as long as he keeps the piano
serviced he spends less, and if you give him the incentive and also call him
each 6 months, you work less and have a customer at regular intervals.

Elian Degen
Piano Tuner and Technician
Caracas, Venezuela  degen@telcel.net.ve
Phone 58-2-748547/ 58-14-9222981 Fax 58-2-748547