Pitch raising

David Porritt dporritt@swbell.net
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 10:24:36 -0600

For all of you who make 3 or 4 passes to do a pitch raise, I'll bet your
mailbox is already full of sales literature for RCT, TuneLab, or SAT
III.

I did a pitch raise last week on a piano that was pure chaos.  I used
the adapting pitch raise function on TuneLab that measures each note and
calculates an overpull for that note.  I had notes ranging from -34
cents to -128 cents.  After that (1) pitch raise I tuned it.  I packed
up my tools after 70 minutes in the house.  The piano sounded much
better than it deserved under the circumstances.

VTDs are worth the cost even if you only used it for pitch raising.

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts
Southern Methodist University