How to make $65.00 an hour

Mark Graham magraham@bw.edu
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 08:09:54 -0500 (EST)

Having tuned a calliope once (and alienated an entire neighborhood), I
said, I could never be a pipe organ tuner -- it would drive me nuts!

And then realized that's what many a person says about me after listening
to a tuning. It's kind of like the function Buffalo serves for us in
Cleveland -- it's the only city we tell jokes about. Pipe organ tuners
provide that for us -- or at least for me, who counts one pipe organ guy
among my list of friends. With great respect for his craft. He can charge
whatever he wants -- he deserves it.