Pitchraising

Clyde Hollinger cedel@redrose.net
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 07:30:36 -0500

Friends:

Just in case this may be helpful to someone, if a piano needs a
pitchraise, this is my procedure:

1.  Discuss the situation with the client.  They are generally receptive
to a pitchraise, because they already know the piano has been neglected
for a long time!  Of course _I_ am not always receptive to a pitchraise,
if the piano had torn strings in the past and looks about ready to
explode.

2.  Give the client a copy of the PTG bulletin on pitchraising.

3.  The way I do pitchraises, a greater correction takes longer, so my
fees are graduated and are based on approximately how long it takes me
to do the work.

pitchraise of up to 50 cents adds about 40% to the tuning fee
pitchraise of 50-100 cents adds about 60% to the tuning fee
pitchraise of 100-200 cents adds about 60% to the tuning fee
pitchraise of 200+ cents... Hmm!  MORE discussion

Happy Thanksgiving to all!  :-)

Clyde Hollinger