CA Glue & Tuning Pins

PIANOSSSSS@AOL.COM PIANOSSSSS@AOL.COM
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 10:38:29 EST

Last February I did a test on several tuning pins on an old Apollo grand.  I
applied the thin "Hot" glue to several pins testing @ 20ips.  After two hours
and after breaking the initial hold, these pins tested @ 70ips.  I checked
them several times later and they all held at about 70. Piano was strung with
original old strings.

Just recently after being questioned on this by another technician who did not
have the same result, I decided to do the test again.  Same piano, now
unstrung.  Pins @ 20ips only raised to about at 40ips.  I tried more glue and
left one pin over night.  Still about the same result.  Even put strings back
on some pins still same result.

Would appreicate any input on other experiences with this method as I am
concerned now about the inconsistant results.